Senior Marketer & Product Manager
Over 15 years experience developing and optimizing websites and applications. I combine a customer and data-centric approach to building compelling experiences to improve conversion and retain more happy customers.
Senior Marketing Manager - QuickBooks.com at Intuit Inc.
April 16, 2018 to Present
Managed and optimized portfolio of landing pages driving hundreds of millions in revenue annually.
- Delivered $30M+ incremental annual revenue to date through conversion optimization & experimentation
- Worked with large cross-functional design and analytics teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Implemented a custom-built experimentation repository
- Managed a team of 7 marketers responsible for running website updates from small optimizations to multi-million-dollar campaigns and audience strategies.
Software Engineer at BetterHelp
December 14, 2015 to April 14, 2018
Full stack developer and product manager responsibilities including end to end design, development, monitoring, and improvement of products and features leading to increased customer signup and retention.
- Audio & video messaging allowing more intimate communicate between customer and providers
- Appointment scheduling system which increased customer retention
- Facebook Messenger chat bot provided an alternative funnel channel increasing lead volume
- Online status and notification system that also serves as the platform for real time video, phone, and chat communication services
Senior Web Developer at Automation Anywhere
January 21, 2014 to December 11, 2015
As head of web services for this B2B technology company I redesigned their web properties improving lead generation, customer experience, search engine optimization, and maintainability. Designed all graphics and collateral for the marketing team.
- Continuous design experimentation generating a 67% increase trial downloads
- Transferred website infrastructure to Amazon Web Services improving scalability, performance, and fault tolerance
- Redesigned several web properties incorporating responsiveness for mobile and tablets and optimizing for search engines and lead generation
Web Designer at HeritageHotelGroup.com
October 12, 2007 to December 31, 2008
Custom-built a marketing site for this hotel management group. Designed graphics, layouts, and typography. Developed custom PHP/MySQL back-end. Created online advertising campaigns and promos.
Instructor at AcademyX
September 9, 2009 to January 18, 2014
Over five years I helped hundreds of students learn and build careers in web services, teaching introductory and advanced classes in design, development, and marketing.
- Design - Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Marketing - SEO, Social Media Marketing, AdWords, Analytics
CTO & Co-founder at BidPie
June 15, 2011 to March 15, 2013
As CTO and Co-founder I was responsible for designing and building the entire technology stack and application infrastructure for this online auction startup. We offered real-time auctions with a gameified interface and multiple auction and bidding types.
Owner & Founder at TweetFleet
September 1, 2009 to December 15, 2011
Automating friend-finding and contacts on Twitter. As Founder, I brought this idea from concept to production. I created all of original design and development assets, eventually managing 3 developers.
- Conversion rate optimization
- Web analytics
- Search engine optimization
- Performance and scalability optimization
- Product management
- Full-stack web development
- Experiment design
- Rapid prototyping
- Visual and UX design
- Adobe Analytics
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Analytics
- Ruby on Rails
- Customer empathy
- Process improvement
- Data-driven testing
- Teaching & learning